We So Nerdy is participating in Fiction Fare/Swoony Boys Podcast blog hop 14 Days of Fictional Swooning. Read about some of our favorite book boyfriends and enter giveaways to win a copy of Leisa Rayven’s ‘Bad Romeo’ and more!
If you’ve been reading my various reviews and recaps, you know that I’m an incurable romantic. Contemporary, historical, paranormal, sci-fi, dystopian—genre doesn’t matter! If there’s romance and a swoony leading man, I’m guaranteed to read/watch and love every moment. When our friends over at Fiction Fare and Swoony Boys Podcast announced they were putting together a blog hop for “14 Days of Fictional Swooning” to celebrate Valentine’s Day and books, I jumped at the opportunity to participate.
I hope you’ve been following all of the fun posts and giveaways from the other amazing blogs participating (see below for the full list). Today is Day 9 in the blog hop and the topic of this post is to share my top 5 book boyfriends. You should know that when it comes to book boyfriends, I’m a collector, connoisseur, and all around book boyfriend whore 😉 I really STRUGGLED to narrow down the list, but without further ado, I present my top 5 favorite book boyfriends/manfriends (in order of when we first met):
“Isabella…Bella, I couldn’t live with myself if I ever hurt you. You don’t know how it’s tortured me. The thought of you still, white, cold…to never see you blush scarlet again, to never see that flash of intuition in your eyes when you see through my pretenses…it would be unendurable. You are the most important things to me now. The most important thing to me ever.”
“Only boys who have been handsome from a young age have that arrogance in their smile. Not like Tobias, who is almost shy when he smiles, like he is surprised you bothered to look at him in the first place.”
“I’m not ready to tell you I’m in love with you because I’m not. Not yet. But whatever this is I’m feeling—it’s so much more than just like. It’s so much more…I want to tell you exactly how I feel but there isn’t a single goddamned word in the entire dictionary that can describe this point between liking you and loving you, but I need that word. I need it because I need you to hear me say it…I live you Sky. I live you so much.”
“Philippe told me that mating was destiny. Once I found you, there would be nothing to do but accept fate’s decision. But that’s not how it works at all. In every moment, for the rest if my life, I will be choosing you–over my father, over my own self-interest, even over the de Clermont family.”
“Does it ever stop? The wanting you? Even when I’ve just left ye, I want you so much my chest feels tight and my fingers ache with wanting to touch ye again. When I hold you between my two hands and feel you quiver like that, waitin’ for me to take you…Lord, I want to pleasure you ’til ye cry out under me and open yourself to me. And when I take my own pleasure from you, I feel as though I’ve given ye my soul along with my cock.”
WOWSA! Are you swooning…? Because, even as I’m putting this post together, I’m melting from how much I love these leading men. If you haven’t read any of these books, I definitely recommend that you do soon!
As a part of the blog hop, WSN will be giving away an ebook copy of Bad Romeo by Leisa Rayven, featuring Ethan Holt, a book boyfriend/manfriend I’ve recently fallen in love with! Read my 5-star review HERE and make sure to enter below:
There’s also a big, joint giveaway all participating blogs are having, where you could win a $20 Amazon Gift Card, a book cover bracelet, and Valentine-y themed swag. So go HERE to enter now, and happy swooning!
- February 1st- Fiction Fare
- February 1st- Swoony Boys Podcast
- February 2nd- Literary, etc.
- February 3rd- Adventures in YA Publishing
- February 3rd- A Soul Unsung: Book Gossip for the Soul
- February 4th- Bookish Things & More
- February 5th- Books and Swoons
- February 5th- Love at First Page
- February 6th- Awesome Book Nuts
- February 6th- Mainstream Passionista
- February 6th- The Book Sphere
- February 7th- I Turn the Pages
- February 7th- Andi’s ABCs
- February 8th- Na’s Not So Newsworthy Thoughts
- February 8th- WhoRUBlog
- February 9th- Gun in Act One
- February 9th- We So Nerdy
- February 10th- What Sarah Read
- February 10th- Flutters and Flails
- February 11th- The Book Addict’s Guide
- February 11th- Effortlessly Reading
- February 11th- Lostbraincell’s Bookish Blog
- February 12th- GReads!
- February 12th- Books Equal Awesomeness
- February 13th- My Friends Are Fiction
- February 13th- Lee Kelly: New Write City
- February 14th- Fiction Fare
- February 14th- Swoony Boys Podcast