Fifty Shades of Grey is coming to Digital HD on Friday, May 1 and Blu-ray/DVD/On Demand starting Friday, May 8. See a detailed list of all the exclusive bonus features we can expect.
If you’ve read my review of Fifty Shades of Grey, you know that I really enjoyed the film. Even now, I still get starry-eyed thinking about how wonderful Dakota Johnson is as Ana, along with thoughts of elevator doors slipping closed, full-circle moments, and red, red rooms.
Well, my fellow Fifty fans, we’re much closer to being able to watch all of our favorite moments over and over again right at home. Earlier this week Universal Pictures Home Entertainment announced that Fifty Shades will be coming to Digital HD on Friday, May 1, 2015 and Blu-ray, DVD, and OnDemand beginning Friday, May 8, 2015!
Even more exciting, the Blu-ray and Digital HD versions include an exclusive unrated version that features a never-before-seen alternate ending along with almost TWO HOURS of all-new, behind-the-scenes bonus features.
Check out the list below for a full description of the special features we can look forward to:
Blu-ray & DVD Bonus Features
- The World of Fifty Shades of Grey—Friends and Family: Profiles of cast members including Eloise Mumford, Max Martini, Marcia Gay Harden, Luke Grimes, Jennifer Ehle, Victor Rasuk and Rita Ora
- Behind the Shades: Follow alongside director Sam Taylor-Johnson, producers E. L. James, Mike De Luca, and Dana Brunetti, actors Jamie Dornan, Dakota Johnson and the rest of the cast through the making of the movie, including a candid discussion about the most challenging aspects of the story.
Bonus Features Exclusive to Blu-ray:
- Fifty Shades of Grey Unrated and Theatrical Versions
- The World of Fifty Shades of Grey: Discover the artistry involved in creating everything Fifty Shades of Grey, including in-depth profiles of stars Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson, and the characters they play.
(1) CHRISTIAN GREY: Inside the world of Christian Grey and what makes him so magnetic and mysterious:
–CHRISTIAN GREY PROFILE: Illustrated with film clips: Who is Christian Grey?
–JAMIE DORNAN PROFILE: Meet the actor behind the iconic character.
–CHRISTIAN’S APARTMENT: Living room, dining room, bedroom, bathroom and the Red Room
–CHRISTIAN’S WARDROBE: A look into Christian’s wardrobe.
–A RICH MAN’S TOYS: Christian’s cars, the plane, the helicopter, all of the recognizable items from the book, now on screen
(2) ANA: Discovering Ana and what makes her so compelling and relatable:
–ALL ABOUT ANA: Learn more about the Ana character
–DAKOTA JOHNSON PROFILE: Meet the incredible actress behind Anastasia Steele.
–ANA’S WORLD: Beginning with her life as college student to her transformation into a woman living a life of luxury with Christian Grey.
–ANA’S WARDROBE: A look into Ana’s wardrobe.
- E.L. James & Fifty Shades: A chat with the creator of “Fifty Shades,” discussing the history of the novel and the experience making the film. Follow the author at the Premiere screening in New York and come full circle as the film is released to the fans.
- Fifty Shades: The Pleasure of Pain: A discussion with the BDSM consultant and a show-and-tell with property master.
- 360° Set Tours of Christian and Ana’s apartments including the Red Room
- Music Videos from Skylar Grey, The Weeknd and Ellie Goulding
- Behind the Scenes of The Weekend’s “Earned It” Music Video
This is so exciting! I don’t know about you, but I’m super curious about what the “unrated” version includes and what this alternate ending might look like…especially since I liked the ending so much, as is! Which bonus features are you most excited about?
Take a look at the DVD/Blu-ray art below and make sure to head over HERE to pre-order your copy today!