Target and Walmart reveal the details of their exclusive, special edition Fifty Shades of Grey Blu-ray/DVD, available to customers starting May 8. Get details and pre-order your copy today.
Fellow Fifty fans, we’re less than a month from being able to watch Fifty Shades of Grey (on repeat) at home! Fifty Shades will be coming to Digital HD on Friday, May 1, 2015 and Blu-ray, DVD, and OnDemand beginning Friday, May 8, 2015. If you haven’t already, you can go HERE to get more details about the exclusive unrated version and all the new, behind-the-scenes bonus content.
But if all that isn’t enough to get you excited, I’ve got more exciting news. Both Target and Walmart recently shared that they would each offer deluxe editions of the Fifty Shades Blu-ray. In addition to the standard special features, the retailers’ special versions come with even more goodies. Check out the details below:
- Unrated (with alternate ending) and theatrical versions of the film
- Exclusive Journal and Pen and over 30 minutes of additional, Exclusive Bonus Content.
- THE MUSIC OF “FIFTY SHADES OF GREY” [6:27 EST]: A musical journey through the film including a discussion with composer Danny Elfman
- SIGNING IN VANCOUVER [5:11 EST]: Join author EL James and her fans at a bookstore in Vancouver!
- SEEING FIFTY SHADES [3:21 EST]: Jamie Dornan, Dakota Johnson reveal their reaction to seeing the film for the first time.
- FAVORITE SCENES [15 Minutes]: Three separate pieces, illustrated with EXTENSIVE behind-the-scenes footage:
(1) Jamie Dornan on the Interview scene. [4:18 EST]
(2) Dakota Johnson on the Negotiation scene. [3:40 EST]
(3) Sam Taylor-Johnson on the Break-up scene. [2:48 EST]
(4) EL James on the Bar scene, the Helicopter scene and the Glider scene.
- PHOTO GALLERY [3 MINS EST]
- Theatrical version of the film
- Digital Copy Subject To Expiration
- Collectible photo book
- Blu-ray bonus featurettes including: “The World Of ‘Fifty Shades Of Grey’: Christian Grey”; “The World Of ‘Fifty Shades Of Grey’: Ana”; “The World Of ‘Fifty Shades Of Grey’: Friends And Family”; “Behind The Shades”; “EL James & Fifty Shades”; “Fifty Shades: The Pleasure Of Pain”; “Christian’s Apartment: 360-Degree Set Tour”; “Behind The Scenes Of ‘Earned It (Fifty Shades of Grey)'”; Music Video. (***These seem to be the same featurettes that come with the standard Blu-ray***)
Based on the descriptions, I think I’m leaning more towards the Target edition…with that said, I’d really like to get my hands on the collectible photo book that comes with the Walmart version!
What do you think? Have you pre-ordered your copy of Fifty Shades of Grey yet? Share your thoughts in comments!