Supernatural returns to The CW for season 11 and We So Nerdy catches up the crew at Comic Con International 2015: San Diego.
Supernatural once again takes over Hall H and the SDCC 2015 audience had a difficult time controlling their feels. How could we can ourselves when the Supernatural SDCC 2015 panel led by moderators (and iconic SPN guest stars) Rob Benedict and Richard Speight Jr., included castmates Jensen Ackles, Jared Padalecki, Misha Collins, Mark Sheppard, along with executive producer/writer Jeremy Carver and writer Andrew Dabb. The ability to contain the range of emotions would be quite difficult for any SPN fan since were about to get details of the upcoming season 11 of Supernatural.
The panel began with a sizzler reel of the past 10 years and moved into the audience finding out from Holly Ollis, Director, Publicity at Warner Bros. Television that Rob Benedict (Chuck Shurley) and Richard Speight Jr. (Gabriel) would lead the Supernatural SDCC 2015 panel. The crowd goes wild because with Rob and Richard at the helm, hijinks of epic proportions will surely follow…it did! In the moments when audience members were catching their breaths from the cackling caused by discussions of hair, gerbils, the mistreatment of Mark Sheppared (Crowley), and Funko Pop!s, we learned from the SPN crew that season 11 was going back its season 1 roots: the brothers Dean (Jensen Ackles) and Sam Wincherster (Jared Padalecki) would be working as a team again. YES!
Seeing the Winchesters, not the LOSE-chesters reunite and work as the hunter duo that we fell in love with in 2005 was a welcomed and needed for Supernatural fans. If that news wasn’t enough, we find out that Jensen would direct the episode 3 of the 11th season, that Darkness would be revealed in the season 11 premiere, and an entire episode would be shot from the point of view of Baby. However, what wasn’t revealed was the fate of Crowley since he “died” at the end of season 10, but with Mark Sheppard on the panel we can only assume is the King of Hell is coming back.
Thanks to Flicks And The City you can watch the Supernatural SDCC 2015 panel below:
If attending the SPN panel wasn’t enough for us, we were lucky enough to be invited to the Supernatural roundtable interviews. Much of what was discussed at the panel was reiterated with a few spoilers that we won’t reveal (except two), but these are the highlights:
- Misha Collins (Castiel) let us know that Gishwhes still had a week left before the International Scavenger Hunt ended.
- Executive Producer and Writer Jeremy Carver gave a bit more insight into the Darkness. We learn that the Darkness is unlike anything the Winchesters have ever gone up against, and this entity isn’t something that just the angels and demons need to worry about because it’s a global threat.
- Mark Sheppard (Crowley) was tight-lipped on what has become of Crowley for season 11, but he was kind enough to answer our question (“You’ve been apart of so many iconic and cult classics, is there any program you wish you could’ve been apart of?) by letting us know that the shows he loves are perfect just as they are, but if he could it would have to be Hill Street Blues.
- Writer Andrew Dabb felt horrible because he comes to find out that he hadn’t given up any information about season 11 only to come to our table, the last in his set of interviews to find out that a few spoilers had been revealed (i.e., Darkness had been identified as Amara). Sidenote: I’ve fallen in love with Andrew…just saying.
- Jared Padalecki (Sam Winchester) was excited and proud that Supernatural was going back to a storyline that revolved around Dean and Sam working together to solve cases. No longer were the brothers working by themselves and he felt this would make fans of SPN quite happy…it will!
- Jensen Ackles discussed stepping back into a directorial role for Supernatural episode 1103, and even though the cast is known to pull pranks they are all professional and hard workers. The third episode of the season Jensen directs guest stars Ruth Connell (Rowena).
- The highlight of the roundtable interviews was witnessing Jensen remove Jared’s hair and fluff it up, because the hair shouldn’t be covered.
Being able to once again witness the crew of Supernatural at Comic Con International: San Diego was in our top 3 experiences of SDCC 2015. Join us as we continue the fun when we live tweet season 11 of Supernatural beginning on Wednesday, October 7, 2105. And don’t forget to follow the official socials of Supernatural:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/cw_spn; Hashtags: #Supernatural, #SPNFamily, #SPN