Want to own a piece of The Hunger Games? Lionsgate announces the World of The Hunger Games Auction, with almost 500 authentic items from the franchise up for grabs. Get more details below!
Tributes, I don’t know about you, but I’m NOT ready to let go of The Hunger Games! Sure, Mockingjay Part 2 is out on blu-ray/DVD now, and thanks to the 4-film collection, we can binge watch this awesome series and get even more behind-the-scenes goodies Even still, wouldn’t it be nice to have another piece of this franchise we love so much?
Well, today Lionsgate made a huge announcement about a unique opportunity for THG fans! They’re partnering with the auction house Profiles in History to hold The World of The Hunger Games Auction. On May 20, 2016, for ONE DAY ONLY, fans will have the opportunity to bid and purchase almost 500 authentic costumes, props, and set pieces from The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, and Mockingjay Part 1 & Part 2.
This includes INCREDIBLE items, like:
- Katniss’ wooden District 12 hunting longbow from The Hunger Games
- District 12 reaping bowl filled with name slips from The Hunger Games
- Katniss’ and Peeta’s iconic Tribute Parade costumes from The Hunger Games
- District 12 “Victors’ Village” archway sign from Catching Fire
- Peeta’s tribute combat wetsuit from Catching Fire
- Katniss’ signature silver bow and quiver used at the Training Center and arena sequences during the Quarter Quell in Catching Fire
- Tribute Parade chariots used in both The Hunger Games and Catching Fire
- Katniss’ iconic Mockingjay armor from Mockingjay Part 1
- Gale’s District 13 combat ensemble from Mockingjay – Part 1
- Katniss’ hunting ensemble with signature leather jacket and stunt hunting longbow from Mockingjay Part 2
- Prop “holo” device with flip-top screen from Mockingjay Part 2
- Signature costumes from Effie Trinket, President Snow, Caesar Flickerman, Finnick Odair, Johanna Mason, and President Coin
- Peacekeeper uniforms and props
- Numerous items featuring the signature Panem emblem (e.g. flags, banners, china, pins, and the large gold eagle statue from President Snow’s office)
According to Kerry Phelan, Lionsgate’s Executive Vice President, Global Franchise Management & Strategic Partnerships:
“The Hunger Games films have captured hearts and minds around the world,” said . “We are excited to bring fans the unique opportunity to own a piece of this global phenomenon.”
Qualified bidders will be able to participate in the live auction beginning at 2pm ET/11am PT in one of the following three ways:
- IN PERSON: At the Profiles In History headquarters (26662 Agoura Rd., Calabasas, CA 91302)
- BY TELEPHONE: 310-859-7701
- ONLINE: Either with absentee bidding or in real-time from anywhere across the globe through the Invaluable Live Auctions platform
For more information, including the full catalog of items and the process to register for the auction, head over to http://thehungergamesauction.com ASAP.
I’ll definitely be taking a look at the items and putting my bid in! What items are you most interest in? Share your thoughts in comments!