Nickelodeon is throwing a huge throwback party at Comic-Con next month, with shows like Legends of the Hidden Temple, All That, Hey Arnold!, and more! Check out the schedule of #NickSDCC panels and activities!
I’m basically a 80’s/90’s kid, and in those days, Nickelodeon was everything! I’m talking about Doug, Family Double Dare, Legends of the Hidden Temple, Rugrats, Clarissa Explains it All, Are You Afraid of the Dark, and more. These shows elevated my whole life, and it’s been nice to see several of these oldies (but goodies) returning to the network.
Well, if you’re going to San Diego Comic-Con (and we are!), Nickelodeon and The Splat (the network’s programming block dedicated to Nick’s iconic shows from the 1900s and 2000s) has the ultimate throwback party in store! Earlier today they announced that they’re bringing some of our 90’s faves to SDCC next month.
In addition to the panels, Nick’s booth in the Exhibit Hall (#4113) will feature a virtual reality 360-experience where fans can step into the world of the upcoming Legends of the Hidden Temple live-action TV movie; an interactive trivia game featuring Legends of the Hidden Temple’s King Olmec, Keeper of the Temple; life-size replicas of the Hey Arnold! stoop and noose from Double Dare; and a retail area where we can get our hands on a variety of exclusive Nick and The Splat 90s-themed collectibles!
We can also look forward to games and autograph signings with castmembers from of All That, SpongeBob SquarePants (Tom Kenny), Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Kirk Fogg from Legends of the Hidden Temple, and much more. will pay tribute to some of its most memorable shows and popular characters with activations, games, panels, talent signings and interactive design elements featuring: Legends of the Hidden Temple, Hey Arnold!, Rugrats, Double Dare, Aaahh!!! Real Monsters, CatDog, Rocko’s Modern Life, and Invader Zim, among many others.
Check out the list of #NickSDCC panels below:
THURSDAY, JULY 21
11:15am – 12:15pm, Room 6A: Happy Happy! Joy Joy!: 25 Years of Nickelodeon Original Animation — For 25 years Nickelodeon has produced some of the most innovative and memorable animation in the history of television. Nick Animation Podcast host Hector Navarro finds out how and why four of the network’s most influential creators did what they did: Craig Bartlett (Hey Arnold!), Jhonen Vasquez (Invader Zim), Butch Hartman (The Fairly OddParents, Danny Phantom) and Arlene Klasky, who along with Gabor Csupo and Paul Germain, created Rugrats. Don’t miss the chance to see production art from the upcoming TV movie Hey Arnold!: The Jungle Movie; animation from Hartman’s new Bunsen is a Beast!; and the world premiere of Don vs Raph, a TMNT animated short written and produced by Jhonen Vasquez.
FRIDAY, JULY 22
11:45am – 12:45pm, Room 6A: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Return to New York — They travelled time and space to save planet Earth, and now the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles return home! Executive producers Ciro Nieli and Brandon Auman share sneak peeks of the epic adventures and new characters that await the Turtles when they return to the streets of NY in season four. On hand will be the extraordinary voice actors of the TMNT world: Rob Paulsen (Donatello), Greg Cipes (Michelangelo), Gwendoline Yeo (Shinigami), and Eric Bauza (Tiger Claw). Also, witness the world premiere of two never-before-seen TMNT animated shorts presented by TMNT co-creator, Kevin Eastman.
6:30pm – 7:30pm, Room 24ABC: She Made That? Nickelodeon hosts Women in Animation — Join this group of innovative and pioneering female cartoon creators for a discussion on their careers and the opportunities for women in animation today. Panelists include women responsible for the original Nicktoons from the 1990s and others who are making some of today’s best animation for TV and the web. The panel will include Lauren Faust (My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic), Mary Harrington (Invader Zim, Hey Arnold!), Vanessa Coffey (The Ren & Stimpy Show, Rugrats), Rikke Asbjoern (Pinky Malinky), Margaret Dean (Women in Animation), and Maija Burnett (California Institute of the Arts).
SATURDAY, JULY 23
11:15am -12:15pm, room 6A: Back to the ‘90s: Nickelodeon’s All That Reunion and Legends of the Hidden Temple! — Join Nickelodeon’s throwback programming block, The Splat, for a reunion of the trailblazing sketch comedy series’ major players, Josh Server, Danny Tamberelli, Lori Beth Denberg, and Kel Mitchell discussing all things All That, with a few added surprises. Plus, get the first look at Nick’s new TV movie based on Legends of the Hidden Temple and hear about it from returning cast members Kirk Fogg and Dee Bradley Baker, along with Isabela Moner. The panel will be moderated by Entertainment Weekly staff writer, Marc Snetiker.
DAILY BOOTH ACTIVITIES
- Legends of the Hidden Temple Virtual Reality 360-Degree Experience: This 360-degree experience transports fans into the world of the upcoming action-adventure TV movie inspired by the iconic game show, allowing them to experience the mysterious Mayan temple first-hand.
- Olmec Photo Opp/Trivia: Fans can interact with Legends of the Hidden Temple’s King Olmec and test their knowledge by answering trivia questions for the opportunity to win prizes.
- Hey Arnold! Stoop and Double Dare Nose Photo Opps: Fans can take photos on a replica of Arnold’s stoop from Hey Arnold! and with the nose from Double Dare (beware of boogers).
- Autograph Signings: Signing opportunities with Nickelodeon talent include: All Thatcast; Legends of the Hidden Temple cast; SpongeBob SquarePants voice talent; Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles voice talent and executive producers; Nick current series creators and executive producers (C.H. Greenblatt, Harvey Beaks; Chris Savino, The Loud House; and Dave Cooper, Johnny Ryan, and David Sacks, Pig Goat Banana Cricket); and Nick original animation creators (Butch Hartman, The Fairly OddParents and Bunsen is a Beast!; Craig Bartlett, Hey Arnold!; Arlene Klasky, Rugrats, Wild Thornberrys, Rocket Power; and Jhonen Vasquez, Invader Zim).
- Costumed-Character Appearances: The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Rugrats, SpongeBob SquarePants, The Fairly OddParents, Arnold and Saban’s Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and Power Rangers Dino Super Charge will make appearances at Nick’s booth at select times during the convention.
- Retail: Attendees can purchase Comic-Con exclusive figures, t-shirts and more.
- Giveaways: Enter for a chance to win special prizes over the course of the convention.